20 Things To Do In 2020
By Mika Apichatsakol December 25, 2019
Not your typical “get a gym membership” new year’s resolutions
- Improve your worst language. Rather than learn a new language, we suggest getting better at a language you already have a foothold in. You know what language you can definitely work on.
- Get your eyebrows done. Whether it’s microblading or periodic visits to a professional groomer, 2020 is the year to take good care of the crown of your face.
- Feed the stray. There’s a hungry cat or dog at every corner of Bangkok. There’s also a 7-Eleven (maybe even two) selling cat and dog food at every corner. It’s a small act that will brighten your day every time, and you can even do it with your kids—they’ll love it.
- Challenge yourself to go meatless. Whether it’s one week straight or once a week, just try it! We’re not asking you to give up meat completely!
- Leave plastic behind in 2019. Alright, it’s time to get serious about carrying that tote. Accept no plastic bag in 2020.
- Learn a new sport. Flag football? Roller derby? Ice skating? Brazilian jujitsu? You’ll be amazed at how many clubs there are for obscure sports here in Bangkok if you just do a little search.
- Cook something you’ve never cooked before—a challenge for both non-cooks and prolific cooks.
- Paint. Paintbar’s a great place to start if this scares you.
- Read 20 books. You. Can. Do. It.
- Visit a province of Thailand you’ve never been to. We have 76, afterall. Have you been to them all?
- Stay hydrated. Yeah, we know water doesn’t taste good, but it’s really the secret to good skin and good health. If you’re already spending tonnes of money on beauty and your health, it’s all going to waste if you’re not drinking enough water. Two litres a day, people.
- Meditate, daily. Even for just one minute of the day. Download Headspace if you need guidance.
- Start a new venture. It doesn’t have to be a fully-fledged storefront business. Maybe it’s an online shop or a Youtube channel.
- Do something different with your hair. When was the last time you changed your look?
- Learn some new moves. Take a dance class or ask a dancer-friend to teach you something new. Bollywood, anyone?
- Stop drinking… alcohol you don’t like. Why do you do this?
- Discover a new pose or angle. Because we’re so over the Influencer squat.
- Gallery hop. Participate in Bangkok’s Galleries Night (the next one coming up on February 14-15) or plan your own hop!
- Do like Marie Kondo and declutter. Only take what really matters and what you really use or wear to the next decade.
- Donate. Money, blood, time or other, don’t leave 2020 without giving.